- Adopt-don’t- shop
- Encourage your friends and family to adopt-don’t-shop
- Network our dogs up for adoption
- Financial and food / medical supplies donations
- Sponsor a kennel for R900 per month (please contact us for more information)
- Support our fundraisers – these are mostly online auctions, social walks and merchandise sales
- Initiate and arrange fundraisers (written consent is required from us to raise funds on our behalf)
- Let us know if you know if a Pointing dog is in need of responsible rehoming
- We often require transport support (This is on a volunteer basis. The adoptive / surrendering home may offer to contribute financially)
- Support our sponsors
- Come and spend some time with our rescues who are in the kennels. They love meeting new people and it will be good for your soul.
Note: Please contact the GSP Rescue team in advance to make arrangements if you want to visit the rescue dogs.
Donations can be made to our bank account:
Name: GSP Rescue SA
Account number: 1136897062
Reference: Please add your surname and purpose of donation
Please note: Although we are a registered non-profit company, we are not in a position to issue tax certificates for donations.
- Foster a dog waiting to be adopted (Foster application to be completed and home check to be conducted. This is on a volunteer basis)
- Be a home checker (Selection is subject to an assessment on your knowledge. We provide strict guidelines to be followed and participation is on a volunteer basis)
- Behavioural and integration services (Selection is subject to an assessment on your abilities and experience. Services offered at a discounted rate will be considered although we obviously prefer volunteer based services)
- Transport a dog coming into rescue or leaving for their forever home. We sometimes need help with vet trips too.
Sponsor a rescue dog’s:
- Dewormers. We use Milbemax 20 – 40kg, but any other vet deworming product will be accepted.
- Tick and flea treatment: We use Frontline Plus, Nexguard or Bravecto for large dogs (20 – 40kg).
- Food. We feed our dogs Lionel’s Choice, mostly adult food for the mature dogs and puppy food for those younger than 18 months or if they have to gain some weight.
- Kennel. Your contribution of R900 per month will enable us to pay the kennel fee for our rescue dogs.
- Transport. You can assist by sponsoring the cost or part of the cost of a dog’s transport to his forever home or to be brought to the safety of GSP Rescue SA.